Are The Gophers In Council Bluffs Tearing Up Your Yard?
Most Council Bluffs homeowners take great pride in their landscaping. After all, a well-manicured yard is a perfect way to show off your personality and style. However, if you’re dealing with gophers, that carefully cultivated landscape can quickly turn into a disaster area.
Gophers are burrowing animals that can cause extensive damage to lawns and gardens. Once they’ve moved onto your property, they can be very difficult to get rid of. Fortunately, professional pest control in Council Bluffs can help you enjoy your yard once again.
Continue reading to get the answers to your most pressing gopher control questions, including how to identify a gopher infestation, what attracts them, the damage they cause, and how to keep them away.
Are Gophers Hanging Out On Your Property?
Gophers may be small, but they can cause big problems. If you’ve noticed any of the following signs, it’s time to call in professional help:
- Gopher holes in your yard: Gophers dig long, winding tunnels in search of food. These holes are a dead giveaway that gophers are present.
- Wilting or dying plants: Gophers love to eat plants and roots, and they’ll quickly damage or kill them.
- Striped gopher tracks: These pests leave distinct tracks in the dirt, which are easy to spot.
- Gopher droppings: Gophers produce round, brown pellets that are telltale signs of their presence.
- Underground sounds: If you hear rustling or other noises coming from beneath the ground, it’s a good indication that gophers are present.
You may also see the rodents themselves. Gophers in Council Bluffs are typically six to ten inches long, including their short tails. They have predominantly brown fur, small eyes and ears, and cheek pouches. If you see gophers or any signs of them, don’t wait to look for gopher pest control in Council Bluffs. Professional gopher control services can remove these pests from your property.
What Attracts Gophers To Your Yard?
Effective gopher control starts with understanding what attracts these pests to your property in the first place. Some of the most common gopher attractants include:
- Food sources. Yards with plenty of food sources, such as fruit trees, gardens, and lawns, are a big draw for gophers.
- Water. These pests need water to survive, so they’re often attracted to properties with irrigation systems or ponds.
- Shelter. Gophers like to live in areas with plenty of shelter, such as dense vegetation.
By taking steps to remove these attractants, you can make your property less appealing to gophers and help to keep them away. However, if gophers are already present, the best course of action is to call in professional help.
Can Gophers Cause Irreparable Damage To Your Lawn?
Yes, gophers can cause extensive damage to your lawn. Not only do they eat plants and dig holes, but their tunnels can also disrupt the soil structure, which can lead to erosion. In addition, gopher droppings can contain harmful bacteria contaminating the soil.
If you’re dealing with gopher damage, it’s essential to take action as soon as possible. Aside from getting professional help, you can also take steps to protect your lawn, such as:
- Installing a fence. A fence can help to keep gophers out of your yard.
- Planting deterrents. Certain plants, such as marigolds, can help to keep gophers away.
- Removing attractants. As mentioned above, taking steps to remove food, water, and shelter sources can help to deter gophers.
- Using repellents. There are several commercial repellents available that can help to keep gophers away.
- Planting gopher-resistant plants. Some plants are more resistant to gopher damage than others.
These prevention tactics should bring you some degree of success with keeping gophers at bay, but the situation may require a professional solution. If you’re not sure which is the best gopher control method for your property, contact a professional pest control service for advice.
What Is The Best Way To Keep Gophers Away?
Gophers are notoriously tricky to eliminate. They’re experts at hiding, and they can quickly rebuild their tunnels if they’re disturbed. In addition, gophers are good at avoiding traps.
The best way to get rid of gophers is to opt for professional gopher control. Here at Beeline Pest Control, we use effective gopher control methods to eliminate gophers quickly and efficiently.
Our locally owned and operated pest control company is dedicated to solving all of your pest problems. Whatever the pest, Beeline’s the best! Call today for a free quote.