Tips And Tricks To Get Rid Of Flies Inside Your Council Bluffs Home
There are scary pests like spiders, dangerous pests like cockroaches, and annoying pests like flies. What do you do when you have a fly in the house? Grab a flyswatter and proceed to chase the fly around the room! Out of breath from your fruitless pursuit, you give up and sit in your chair armed with the swatter hoping the fly will land nearby so you can kill it.
If flies are driving you crazy, call the Council Bluffs pest control team from Beeline Pest Control. For over a decade, our technicians have been eliminating pests like flies from area homes; we can end your fly frustration! Keep reading to learn why you may have a fly infestation and the potential dangers they may bring to your house, and get some tips to keep them away.
What Causes Fly Infestations In Homes?
Why would flies enter the closed, confined space inside a house? Why don't flies stay outside? Flies are attracted to our Council Bluffs homes for these reasons:
- Warmth: Flies do not like the cold but prefer temperatures around 83℉. If the outside temperature is below 83℉, you can have flies in the house in the winter because the warm air attracts them.
- Smell: Flies like the sweet odor of exposed fruit on countertops and in baskets; syrups and liquor also entice them. Although we don't find the aroma from rotting food sweet-smelling, flies do and gravitate to garbage cans.
- Breath: The carbon dioxide we exhale attracts flies. If many people live in your Council bluffs home, there is plenty of fly-attracting carbon dioxide.
- Sweat: Fly like the salty taste of perspiration, which is why you've probably noticed more flies around you after working in the yard.
These are why there are so many flies in the house, and Beeline Pest Control is needed to eliminate them.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Flies In My Home?
Flies in Council Bluffs are attracted to unsanitary areas such as drains, trash bins, and animal feces. Because they land on and forage in these areas, bacteria and viruses attach to their body. The common housefly, for example, carries over 100 types of pathogens like typhoid, tuberculosis, and salmonellosis. Symptoms of these diseases include diarrhea, fever, and stomach cramps. In addition to shedding pathogens, they spread disease-causing organisms through fecal matter, urine, and saliva.
Effective Fly Prevention Tips
Flies are more than a nuisance, so implement the following to get rid of house flies:
- Clean out the litter box
- Remove exposed fruit
- Vacuum the house regularly
- Store food in airtight containers
- Wipe down surfaces after meals
- Remove animal feces from the yard
- Repair holes in window and door screens
- Keep indoor and outdoor garbage cans closed
- Keep doors exterior doors closed as much as possible
- Remove exposed pet food when the animals are not eating
These are some of the best ways to get rid of flies in your home and keep them out.
Total Fly Control for Council Bluffs Residents
Unless you fix the attraction to your house, destroy the flies' nesting areas, and seal entry points, you will continue to have problems. Beeline Pest Control will stop the infestation of flies in your Council Bluffs home. We determine attractions, entry points, and nesting locations in your home. Next, our licensed, bonded, and insured pest control technicians will treat your home using environmentally safe and effective methods. We will stop the fly infestation, so you don't have to sit in your easy chair with a flyswatter anxiously waiting on an unsuspecting fly to land nearby! Contact us today and schedule your inspection.